Skip to main content

Top 3 "Mini" Easter Eggz to Hunt TODAY


When I'm playing Skyrim, sometimes I just feel like there is no limit to what the game has in it. Sometimes its just the little things hidden here and there which  make me smile. Little things that the developers didn't have to put in there, but did anyway for our fun and enjoyment. I really appreciate that, and so to highlight the great work bestowed upon us by the great folks at Bethesda, here are 5 "Mini" Easter eggs. These are great gems and fun to find, but fair warning that some of these are just fun to find yourself. Its your call. 

1. MY Precious
- Anyone who has experienced the Lord of the Rings, whether through the books or the movies, will remember the character Gollum. The small grey man who has his special little magic ring. Anyone who has heard him will probably remember the phrase "My Precious" from him, in reference to his ring. It is both horrifying and sad to hear the guy cry over the loss of it, when Bilbo takes it. In Skyrim, there is a quest called "A Night to Remember" where you have to face a Hagraven named Moira, who the player has married (It was a night to remember after all). Anyway, you're tasked to retrieve her ring. Not a good idea. She keeps referring to it as her "precious", obviously a direct reference to Gollum and his similarly sad situation. But unlike Gollum, you have to kill Moira. Maybe it was a night to remember, but that was a day for her to forget (Get it? Because she died).

2. A Miner's Dream
- One of the greatest games of all time, is called Minecraft. The game where you and your pickax explore the underground and build your way to whatever you want, being the game that delivers almost total freedom. The creator of said game is named Notch (real name Markus Persson) (he's also Swedish) (like where the fish are from). Now, keeping that knowledge in mind, atop of The Throat of The World is a pickax named "The Notched Pickaxe". This is very clearly a reference to Notch and his most famous creation Minecraft


3. Pac-Man Plain and Simple
- I really adore how simple and yet memorable this one is. You all know about Pac-Man right? The little yellow circle that eats Tic-Tacs (at least I call them Tic-Tacs)(PS my girlfriend just told me that that was stupid, hence the reason I absolutely have to keep calling them Tic-Tacs as much as possible). Anyway, the game is memorable and one of the most iconic games of all time. In the city of Markarth, you too can find Pac-Man. Except this one is made of cheese. And he is eating garlic that looks like TIC-TACS. Then even put a thing of glow dust to symbolize the bigger TIC-TACS that make Pac-Man blue and eat the ghosts. I've included a picture for reference, but I won't tell you where he and his TIC-TACS are, because I'm evil. 


So that's it folks. Three mini Easter Eggs to go and fine TODAY. And I mean it. You have to finish it today. No exception. None at all. Or else I'll be at your house today with some TIC-TACS (I was honestly just trying to fit in saying TIC-TACS again. I don't know where you live). As always, feel free to submit your own ideas for Easter Eggs I should cover and make sure to tell me about how you and your character's adventure went finding the ones I talked about today. Seeya Next Week. 

*TIC-TACS did not pay me for anything I said today. I just really enjoy TIC-TACS. My girlfriend just said I'm overdoing it. That's probably true. I could care less though. I enjoy the taste of TIC-TACS. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovering Avalon and Disappointment: The Bad King Arthur Easter Egg in Skyrim (Edited)

My brother and I used to binge watch episodes of a show called "Merlin". I found it really interesting and I liked the style of adaptation used in the show and my brother liked swords and death (he was a little edgy back then). I then connected it to my favorite video game of all time, Skyrim. I found out that in Skyrim there is a King Arthur themed Easter egg, however you will find it quite disappointing.  West of Whiterun, you will  encounter  a small "lake". Inside of said lake there  is  a skeleton's arm. That skeleton is grasping a leveled sword. Approach it and  retrieve  the sword from the arm, which will then  collapse  into the water. Unfortunately, the sword isn't special and it is quite boring.   The sword is only leveled so it does not have any special properties and the fact that its outside the first city of  Whiterun  makes the chances of you running into it early on very possible. If the developers wanted to try and make a quest abo

My Problem With Skyrim Eggz

The following is a rant . You have been warned. I have over TWO THOUSAND hours in Skyrim. That's like 83 days (and some change) not here, but in a magic world filled with all the comforts of a faraway place. I mean sure, I have other interests and I have friends and family. However, nothing has ever made me feel the same way that Skyrim has. A significant thing in this world that I LOVE doing is finding eggs. I like to just find a hint about an egg, or just a glimmer of a rumor, and I go and explore the vast landscape to find my next treasure. This all is why it makes me sad to say that despite all the advantages to this game, there are still problems I find with it and the eggs. I absolutely HATE the variety of the heart put into the eggs. I like feel that some have entire quests around them and are these elaborate and well thought out masterpieces of code that i just want to keep exploring and exploring until I die. BUT some of these just suck. For example, I see other Skyrim

A Search That Will Not Put You A-Head: Finding the Headless Horseman in Skyrim

      Last week, I was watching Scooby Doo and rediscovered the episode where the gang of meddling kids stumble across the Headless Horseman. Now, I'm no expert on the Headless Horseman, but I do consider myself a connoisseur of both Scooby Doo and Skyrim. I am pleased to inform you that there is a Headless Horseman in Skyrim and I just so happen to know what you need to do to go and find him. Just follow these simple steps: Give up. Go home. Eat a sweet-roll and drink some ale. Wait for my blog post next week.      Now, I consider myself a Skyrim expert. I love the game and have over 2,000 hours on it. But finding this Easter egg is just a huge headache. I'm sorry if that joke went over some of your heads. You see the problem is that the Horseman is a Random Encounter . You see, in order to keep the game fun and spontaneous, the game has these random encounters. Basically. when walking in the world, you may encounter a huge list of possible interacti